- Provide a comprehensive, well-integrated training experience in internal medicine and pediatrics
- Provide a combined Med-Peds continuity clinic experience where residents serve as the primary physician for a panel of pediatric and adult patients over the course of their training
- Foster compassionate delivery of health care and to offer opportunities to work with underserved populations both locally and internationally
- Provide a collegial environment where residents feel supported, especially as related to their unique individual goals
- Promote an atmosphere of scholarly inquiry where residents participate in quality improvement and research projects
- Promote Med-Peds faculty development and to support the mentoring of Med-Peds residents
View a sample Med-Peds rotation schedule, learn about conferences and find out about community service opportunities.
Med/Peds residents have a combined continuity clinic experience which provides a “real-world” experience in an efficient practice model.
Our residents spend time at University of North Carolina Hospitals, WakeMed and Moses Cone Hospital System.
UNC offers a broad range of experiences in global health clinical care and research, as well as didactic activities.
A “special” elective month is a unique opportunity at UNC for our residents in the PGY-2, PGY-3, and PGY-4 year.
The Internal Medicine and Pediatrics Residency Program is proud to care for a diverse population at each of our teaching sites.
We strive to make sure we are not just co-residents, but family.
Find out about salary and overall benefit packages for residents.