RTI International, in partnership with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, has been awarded a cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to conduct muscular dystrophy surveillance in the Piedmont region of North Carolina. Information collected from the population-based surveillance and follow-up will support research to aid improvements in diagnosis, care and policy.
The nonprofit organization Alzheimer’s North Carolina, Inc., has awarded a $130,000 grant to launch a new collaborative effort by the UNC School of Medicine, Duke University and other academic research institutions to join forces in the race to prevent and cure Alzheimer’s disease.
The research of William Powers, MD, has illuminated our understanding of stroke and guided better treatment for patients throughout three decades, a feat which earned him a Feinberg Award from the American Stroke Association.
Daniel Kaufer, MD, assistant professor of neurology and a member of UNC's Brain and Body Health Program, speaks with host Frank Stasio, and Kathleen Seifert, executive director of i9 Sports in South Durham and Orange Counties, in this 20-minute segment. UNC was recently selected by the NFL Players Association to participate in a new initiative aimed at providing medical services and support to its former players.
- Upcoming Events
- Neuromuscular lecture Series Oct 01, 2014 07:15 AM - 08:15 AM — CNP
- Grand Rounds - Faculty Meeting Oct 02, 2014 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM — CG221 Conference Room 2 NCCH
- Vascular Series Oct 06, 2014 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — CNP
- Epilepsy Book Chapter Reading Oct 06, 2014 01:00 PM - 02:00 PM
- Epilepsy Surgery Conference Oct 07, 2014 07:30 AM - 08:30 AM