Only available to investigators at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Summit 4.4 and Summit 5.2 (to read MoFlo XDP FCS files) run only on Windows XP / Windows 7, NOT Windows 8.
The latest Summit versions are available for download and are located on the FlowCore Network Server.
Map the FlowCore server and navigate to Flow Facility >FlowCore Public >CyAn or Flow Facility >FlowCore Public >MoFlo XDP.
- Double-Click on the installer file.
- Window opens showing Summit.EXE file icon. Double click on this file.
- Summit Setup/Welcome opens. Click “Next”
- Answer Yes to Legal Agreement.
- Enter Registration information – Name and Company” – required. Select “None” for “Instrument Type”.
- Enter Site Information – All fields required
- Select default destination folder (recommended) or click “Browse” to enter a different destination folder for Summit program to install to.
- Select Typical – Click “Next”
- Select Components – (default recommended). Click “Next”.
- Backup Replaced Files – Select “NO”. Click “Next”.
- Select Program Folder – Dako should be automatically selected (recommended) if not select “Dako” – Click “Next”.
- “You are now ready to install Summit” – Click “Next”. Summit will install.
- Click “Finish”.
- A “Summit” icon should appear on your desktop. Double click icon to launch Summit.
Note: Do not run Summit on XP Home.
Whoever installs the software must have “Administrator permissions” on the computer. You must have “Power user” level permissions to run Summit. Please contact your IT specialist if you do not know how to assign these privileges.