Request and download FCS Express through our site license.
The UNC Flow Cytometry Core is offering a site license to FCS Express, data analysis software. Licenses will be billed through the FlowCore (estimated around $234/license/year) starting January 1, 2018.
- FCS Express can read data formats from all manufacturers.
- You can create an unlimited number of gates.
- You can analyze as many tubes or data files as you desire in a single layout.
- You can create overlays with both histograms and 2D color dot plots in FCS Express.
- FCS Express can perform both automatic and manual compensation operations. Click here for more information and here for details on how FCS Express implements compensation.
FCS Express 7 is now available at our facility and we are ready to help you upgrade. Please note that FCS Express 6 will be discontinued at our facility on or before December 31st 2019 so please follow the steps below carefully and as soon as possible. All of your current work in FCS Express 6 can be opened and accessed in FCS Express 7 without issue.
To access FCS Express 7 you will need to have a De Novo Software website account. The De Novo Software website account credentials will also be the credentials used to access FCS Express 7. These are not the same as your current FCS Express 6 login credentials. If you have already created a De Novo Software account you can proceed to the instructions below, if not, please visit https://denovosoftware.com/register/?redirect_to=/full-access/ to create your account before proceeding.
To upgrade to FCS Express 7:
- Visit https://www.denovosoftware.com/RegisterForSiteLicense/?SignupCode=UNC-ChapelHill
- Login with your De Novo Software Account Credentials.
- Once you have received an email message that your account has been approved proceed to the next steps. Please note this could take some time while your site license admin approves your account. Contact your site license administrator if you have not received approval.
- DOWNLOAD: Visit https://denovosoftware.com/full-access/download-landing/ to download FCS Express 7.
- INSTALL: Launch the FCS Express 7 installer and follow the steps in the wizard to complete the installation. Make sure to choose “Stand Alone” when prompted.
- CONFIGURE: Run FCS Express 7. Follow the steps in the configuration file wizard.
- Choose the 1st option for “Automatically through this wizard, I already have a De Novo Software account”.
- Enter your De Novo Software Account credentials.
- Choose configuration file for your Flow Cytometry site license.
- Complete the wizard and FCS Express 7 will launch.
- Analyze: Enter your De Novo Software account credentials when prompted to start analyzing in FCS Express.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues performing the above steps or about FCS Express in general.