- Creating Communities and Pedagogies of Care for LGBTQ+ Youth and Educators #NC EdEquity Conference 2020
- Data to Study Racial Inequity | University of North Carolina Libraries
- The Dudley Flood Center for Educational Equity and Opportunity (Flood Center) – a hub to identify and connect organizations, networks, and leaders to address issues of equity, access, and opportunity in education across North Carolina.
- Equity in Teaching Institute – During the two days of our institute, we will reflect on who our students are, how our courses can equitably meet our students’ needs, and what equity in teaching means to us.
- Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN) Resources
- geared for high school but can be adapted easily
- Inclusive Learning Environment Strategies
- The Innovation Project – brings together forward-thinking North Carolina school district superintendents to find and implement innovative and transformative practices in public education so that students and their communities can thrive.
- Learning for Justice
- Racial Equity Report Cards
- Resources For Educators To Use In The Wake Of Charlottesville
- Safe Schools NC – a statewide non-profit organization dedicated to creating a safe and positive learning environment for all students and educators in North Carolina, with an emphasis on actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
- Smithsonian National Museum of African American History & Culture
- Teaching Tolerance – Our mission is to help teachers and schools educate children and youth to be active participants in a diverse democracy.
- 10 Powerful Community-Building Ideas: Strategies for ensuring that students in every grade feel like they’re part of the classroom community.
- America’s schools are more diverse than ever. But the teachers are still mostly white.
- Combating Racism and Discrimination in and through Education
- Confronting our beliefs about poverty and discipline
- Courageous Conversations About Race: A Field Guide for Achieving Equity in Schools (2nd ed) by Glenn Singleton
- Is Everyone Really Equal? An Introduction to Key Concepts in Critical Social Justice Education (2nd ed) by Jack G. Shaheen
- Is Implicit Bias Racist? Three things every teacher should know about implicit bias and the brain.
- Flyleaf Suggests Books for Safe Schools (diverse books for young children to youth readers)
- The Guide for White Women Who Teach Black Boys by E. Moore, A. Michael & M.W.Penick-Parks
- A Guide to Active Listening, SafeSchoolsNC
- Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong by James W. Loewen
- Pressure: A Commentary on the Black Physical Therapy Student Experience
- Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria: And Other Conversations About Race (20th Anniversary Revised Edition) by Beverly Tatum
Watch and/or Listen
- Constitutional Tales (from NC State Board of Education meeting)
- Learning for Justice | Podcasts
Have Suggestions for a New Resource?
The JEDI Toolkit is a resource created by faculty members in the Health Sciences Department to provide guidance and recommendations to health care providers and educators who would like to learn more about equity and inclusion.