Rural Health Community Engagement Program
Did you know…
That of the 100 counties in North Carolina, 80 are considered “Rural” in designation, and almost all have some area of health professions shortage? North Carolina needs doctors like you to help mitigate health disparities in our state.
- Interested in learning more about rural health in North Carolina?
- Considering pursuit of medical career in rural or underserved area?
- Looking for opportunity to engage and explore a small community for potential service?
- Trying to decide what to do with your summer?
- Interested in designing your own summer learning experience?
If the answer is yes to any of the above…
We invite you to submit a proposal for a community engagement project. For consideration, please include the following in your submission.
- Project budget (materials, transportation, housing)
- Location of project/preceptor/clinic
- Learning objectives/benefit to community and/or clinic
- Length of proposed engagement
Funding is available to support project, provide summer stipend, and preceptor support. Please contact Meredith Bazemore for additional information or questions.
Examples of Summer Projects Funded through the Office of Rural Initiatives