It is more important than ever to wear a properly fitting face mask to protect yourself and others.
Masks are required at all times inside of buildings at UNC-Chapel Hill, and are encouraged outdoors.
- Fit snugly and securely over the mouth and nose and against the side of the face
- Be secured by ties or ear loops
- Allow for unrestricted breathing
For more information, please review the Carolina Together COVID-19 Community Standards mask guidelines.
Additionally, face masks are still required in indoors public spaces in Orange County.
The resources below can help you identify what types of masks to wear, how to create a good fit for you, and what to know about masks and the omicron variant:
- UNC Health Talk: Do You Need a Different Mask to Fight Omicron?
- UNC Health Video: Pro Tip to Help Your Earloop Mask Fit More Tightly
- CDC Guide to Masks: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/about-face-coverings.html
- Town of Chapel Hill Mask Guidance: https://www.townofchapelhill.org/Home/Components/News/News/17561/4048?backlist=%2fgovernment%2fnewsroom%2fchapel-hill-enews