The School of Medicine has launched Pathways, a program that will retain and prepare potential staff leaders for success. The inaugural cohort will have 20 participants.
Department heads and supervisors can nominate staff on their teams using this form. The nomination period for the first cohort is May 15 – June 16, and the nomination form will be live and available on May 15.
Nominated employees must be full-time permanent employees for at least one year. If the employee currently serves in a supervisory role, they must have no more than one year of experience in a leadership position.
Additional criteria include:
- Regularly exceeds expectations on performance reviews
- Serves as a valuable teammate with leadership potential
- Will be engaged in group sessions and add perspective as a cohort member
- Be available to attend eight monthly sessions onsite with 100% attendance
- 8 – 11 a.m. on the second Thursday of the month from September through April, breakfast included
During the program, participants will learn about topics including:
- Self assessment
- Leading teams
- Moving from a peer role to a leadership role
- Relational leadership
- Academic healthcare finance and reporting
- Handling difficult conversations
- Tme management and delegation
- Quality mindset and process improvement
- Communication and presentation skills