Touchpoint 20 Zoom Series
The Touchpoint 20 Zoom series is a new 20-minute series of work and wellness topics to provide timely information to SOM staff in a condensed format. This is one of several efforts being launched to better support our staff, engage with our SOM leaders, and build community.
Press play to view here on the day of the event
Working Forward, not Return To Campus
Apr. 23, 2021 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
- Karlina will provide an overview of Working Forward, a 5 Phase Plan to reinvent our workforce and physical work environment.
- She will preview how we expect our workforce to look like when we transition in late summer, introducing virtual, hybrid, and on-site work environments.
- This transition will including making some current virtual positions “permanently” virtual.
- We encourage participants to submit questions prior to the event.
(by April 21)
Opportunities for Professional Development – Investing in You
Mar. 26, 2021 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
Moderator: Karlina Matthews, Associate Dean for Administration
- Mark Haapala, Director of Organizational and Professional Development at UNC HR will provide more information about opportunities through the new Carolina Talent portal and LinkedIn Learning.
- Dr. Bryant Murphy, our new Sr. Associate Dean for Leadership Development, will share plans for future offerings for leadership development opportunities.
EAP Perks & More – It’s Not Just Counseling!
Feb. 12, 2021 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
Learn how your University work, life and overall wellness can be enhanced through resources available to you as an employee.
- Jessica Pyjas, Work/Life & Wellness Program Manager for UNC-CH provides a timely discussion of resources that you may not know are available to support UNC employees and their families – it’s not just counseling!
- Karlina Matthews, Associate Dean for Administration, Moderator
- Additional Resources For February Touchpoint 20
SOM Vaccine Update
January 15, 2021 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
- An update from Dr. Cynthia Gay, who led the Phase 3 COVID-19 vaccine trial at UNC
- An update from Karlina Matthews, Associate Dean of Administration, on the NC vaccination phases and eligibility
You are DEI and DEI is You
December 11, 2020 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
- Dr. Nate Thomas will be presenting
November 20, 2020 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
- Celebrating the 2020 Dean’s Performance Award Winners
- Dr. Cristy Page, Executive Dean, School of Medicine
- Coping Strategies to Address Pandemic Distress and Fatigue: What can you do now?
- Dr. Samantha Meltzer Brody, Chair, Department of Psychiatry
- Moderator: Karlina Matthews, Associate Dean of Administration
October 2, 2020 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
- An update from our CFO, Michael Sledge, on SOM finances and how careful planning has prepared our COVID-19 response
- An update from Dr. Myron “Mike Cohen”, Director of the Institute for Global Health and Infectious Disease