Touchpoint 20 Zoom Series
The Touchpoint 20 Zoom series is a 20-minute series of work and wellness topics to provide timely information to SOM staff in a condensed format. This is one of several efforts being launched to better support our staff, engage with our SOM leaders, and build community.
Press play to view here on the day of the eventSubmit feedback after the event
Dean’s Performance Awards and Supporting a High-Performing Work Culture
October 15, 2021 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
Moderator: Karlina Matthews, MBA, Associate Dean for Administration
- Cristy Page, MD, MPH; Executive Dean, UNC SOM
- Lisa Voss, MS, Senior Employee Relations Consultant, SOM HR
- Derek Hoar, MBA, Senior Employee Relations Consultant, SOM HR
In this episode, Dr. Page announces and celebrates the winners of the 2021 Dean’s Performance Awards. In addition, the Employee Relations team provides guidance and resources that support our performance in the workplace every day.
COVID-19 Update – What You Need to Know Now
September 24, 2021 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
Moderator: Michael Sledge, CFO, SOM & Faculty Practice
Speaker: David Wohl, MD, Professor of Medicine in the Division of Infectious Diseases
Dr. Wohl, one of our own experts on COVID-19, provides the latest update on the delta variant, the safety of the vaccine and treatments, boosters, and what we can do to keep ourselves and our families safe. He will also be answering our questions submitted prior to the event.
Home Office & Campus Office Ergonomics: Tips to Help You Avoid Fatigue and Injury
August 27, 2021 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
Moderator: Harvey Lineberry, PhD, Associate Dean for Human Resources, UNC SOM
Speaker: Kenyetta Farrington, Ergonomics Program Manager, UNC Health
Working Forward will modernize our work culture and will have more teammates working in virtual and hybrid models. Learn more about practical steps you can take to evaluate your home office or campus environment to help you avoid discomfort and potential injury.
WES Survey – What do you think? We want to know!
June 18, 2021 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
Moderator: Karlina Matthews, Associate Dean for Administration, UNC SOM
Speaker: Ingrid Jones, System Manager, Culture and Engagement, UNC Health
The SOM is participating in the 2021 Workforce Engagement Survey (WES) for the first time this year. Learn more about the WES, why it is important that everyone participate and share their thoughts on what is working and what can be improved, and how the confidential information will be used to help us understand how we can best support you.
SOM Financial Updates
May 21, 2021 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
Moderator: Uduak Ndoh, Chief Information Officer
Speaker: Michael Sledge, Chief Financial Office
Working Forward, not Return To Campus
Apr. 23, 2021 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
Moderator: Michael Sledge, CFO
Speaker: Karlina Matthews, Associate Dean for Administration
- Karlina will provide an overview of Working Forward, a 5 Phase Plan to reinvent our workforce and physical work environment.
- She will preview how we expect our workforce to look like when we transition in late summer, introducing virtual, hybrid, and on-site work environments.
- This transition will including making some current virtual positions “permanently” virtual.
- We encourage participants to submit questions prior to the event.
Opportunities for Professional Development – Investing in You
Mar. 26, 2021 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
Moderator: Karlina Matthews, Associate Dean for Administration
- Mark Haapala, Director of Organizational and Professional Development at UNC HR will provide more information about opportunities through the new Carolina Talent portal and LinkedIn Learning.
- Dr. Bryant Murphy, our new Sr. Associate Dean for Leadership Development, will share plans for future offerings for leadership development opportunities.
EAP Perks & More – It’s Not Just Counseling!
Feb. 12, 2021 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
Learn how your University work, life and overall wellness can be enhanced through resources available to you as an employee.
- Jessica Pyjas, Work/Life & Wellness Program Manager for UNC-CH provides a timely discussion of resources that you may not know are available to support UNC employees and their families – it’s not just counseling!
- Karlina Matthews, Associate Dean for Administration, Moderator
- Additional Resources For February Touchpoint 20
SOM Vaccine Update
January 15, 2021 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
- An update from Dr. Cynthia Gay, who led the Phase 3 COVID-19 vaccine trial at UNC
- An update from Karlina Matthews, Associate Dean of Administration, on the NC vaccination phases and eligibility
You are DEI and DEI is You
December 11, 2020 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
- Dr. Nate Thomas will be presenting
November 20, 2020 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
- Celebrating the 2020 Dean’s Performance Award Winners
- Dr. Cristy Page, Executive Dean, School of Medicine
- Coping Strategies to Address Pandemic Distress and Fatigue: What can you do now?
- Dr. Samantha Meltzer Brody, Chair, Department of Psychiatry
- Moderator: Karlina Matthews, Associate Dean of Administration
October 2, 2020 | 12:00 – 12:20pm
- An update from our CFO, Michael Sledge, on SOM finances and how careful planning has prepared our COVID-19 response
- An update from Dr. Myron “Mike Cohen”, Director of the Institute for Global Health and Infectious Disease