Location & Hours
Our free medical clinic operates every Wednesday from 5:30PM to 10:00PM, with appointments starting at 5:30PM. It is located at:
Carrboro Community Health Center
301 Lloyd St
Carrboro, NC 27510
Please note that the medical clinic will be closed on the following dates:
March 10th, 2021
September 22nd, 2021
November 24th, 2021
December 22nd, 2021
December 29th, 2021
The clinic will re-open again on January 5th, 2022.
The Medical Clinic provides the following services free of charge:
- Acute care for minor medical problems
- Men and women’s health examinations and counseling
- Physical examinations for school, work, and camp
- Childhood vaccinations
- Comprehensive laboratory
- On-site pharmacy
- Social work
- Health education
- HIV testing (via SHAC XYZ)
- Spanish interpretation
- Transitionary chronic disease management (via Bridge to Care)
- Gender Affirming Care Clinic
Several specialty services are also offered for free, including:
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Healthy Living (Weight Loss)
- Well Women
- Well Child
Make an Appointment
*If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911 or go to the UNC Hospitals Emergency Department at 101 Manning Dr, Chapel Hill, NC*
Our medical teams are only able to offer care for acute emergency needs. At this time, we cannot address concerns that require x-rays or other medical procedures. SHAC volunteers can refer patients to local organizations and primary care clinics for long-term care needs, and specialty clinics for additional care.
2 Options to schedule an appointment:
- Call 984-538-1031, wait for the line to finish ringing and then leave a message with your full name, phone number, and the reason for your visit. To reduce the risk to patients and caregivers, you can request a telehealth appointment by phone or video chat for patients with concerns that can be evaluated remotely.
- Please fill out this request form.
Request a medication refill:
- Call 919-442-8207. Please leave a message with your full name and phone number.
SHAC students comply with HIPAA regulations and patient medical records are maintained according to accepted confidentiality standards.
****NOTE: DENTAL APPOINTMENTS CANNOT BE MADE USING THE FORM ON THIS PAGE. The SHAC Dental Clinic operates on select Wednesday nights from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. and sees patients on a walk-in lottery system. Please visit the Dental Clinic page for more information about accessing dental services.
For questions related to the medical clinic, please contact email@example.com.