GYN Wellness Clinic
SHAC GYN Wellness Clinic provides free visits every third Wednesday of the month for patients seeking reproductive and gynecologic health care. Services include: reproductive and sexual health wellness visits, breast exams, pelvic exams, Pap smears, and STI testing. Additionally, birth control and menopause treatments are also available. If patients are interested in contraception or medications, please review our FAQs prior to the appointment.
Location & Hours
Our free medical clinic operates every third Wednesday from 5:30PM to 10:00PM, with appointments starting at 5:30PM. It is located at:
Carrboro Community Health Center
301 Lloyd St
Carrboro, NC 27510
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does GYN Wellness Clinic provide contraception?
- Yes, we can help patients acquire contraception. However, we do not offer free contraception at the clinic. We will help patients in the process of getting IUD’s free-of-cost, oral contraceptives, or menopause treatment.
- How can I access contraception and/or medications, if I do not have insurance?
- Please bring proof of income (e.g, a paystub, W2, 1099 etc.) to your appointment. We can complete paperwork at your first appointment for a no-cost prescription. If you do not have proof of income, don’t worry! You can complete a form at SHAC, which will qualify you to apply.
Make an Appointment
2 Options to schedule an appointment:
- Call 984-538-1031, wait for the line to finish ringing and then leave a message with your full name, phone number, and the reason for your visit. To reduce the risk to patients and caregivers, you can request a telehealth appointment by phone or video chat for patients with concerns that can be evaluated remotely.
- Please fill out this request form.
SHAC students comply with HIPAA regulations and patient medical records are maintained according to accepted confidentiality standards.
For questions related to the GYN Wellness Clinic, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.