Location & Hours
We operate alongside the medical clinic every Wednesday from 5:30PM to 11:00PM, with appointments starting at 5:30PM. It is located at:
Carrboro Community Health Center
301 Lloyd St
Carrboro, NC 27510
Please note that the medical clinic will be closed on the following dates:
September 22nd, 2021
November 24th, 2021
December 22nd, 2021
December 29th, 2021
The clinic will re-open again on January 5th, 2022.
SHAC provides a variety of free mental health services every Wednesday night during clinic hours:
- UNC Clinical Psychology doctoral students are available weekly to address a variety of mental health and relationship issues through short-term individual therapy appointments (usually 4-8 sessions). Appointments are scheduled for 45 minutes between 6 and 9 pm. Our providers primarily work with adults, although child/adolescent treatment may be possible.
- UNC Psychiatry Residents are also available the 2nd Wednesday of each month. These physicians are specially trained in mental health and can provide evaluation and management of any psychiatric concern.
- Substance use
- Chronic pain
- Interpersonal issues (we do not offer couples therapy)
Make an Appointment
If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911 or go to the UNC Hospitals Emergency Department at 101 Manning Dr, Chapel Hill, NC.
2 Options to schedule an appointment:
- Call 984-538-1031, wait for the line to finish ringing and then leave a message with your full name, phone number, and the reason for your visit. To reduce the risk to patients and caregivers, you can request a telehealth appointment by phone or video chat for patients with concerns that can be evaluated remotely.
- Please fill out this request form.
Request a medication refill:
- Call 919-442-8207. Please leave a message with your full name and phone number.
If you would like to hear more about the services offered or you are interested in scheduling an appointment, please call 984-538-1031 to schedule an appointment or email us at: email@example.com.