SHAC Dental Clinic is a student-run clinic for members of the surrounding community in need of emergent dental services. Its main purpose is to provide for those who are otherwise unable to access dental care; there are no requirements for those who would like to be patients. To access the clinic, go to the ground floor of Tarrson Hall. Directions to the clinic and parking information can be found here.
CLINIC DATES (SPRING 2020):
The Dental SHAC clinic is cancelled until further notice due to the state of emergency declared in North Carolina over COVID-19.
The Dental Clinic provides the following free services:
- Please bring a list of your current medications.
- If you are diabetic, please know your most recent A1C.
- If you are asthmatic please bring your inhaler.
- If you are taking an anticoagulant and need extractions please bring a note from your primary care physicians that your INR is stable.
- Please note: if you have an elevated blood pressure or blood glucose level we will not be able to treat you in our clinic.
For complete dental care, apply to be a patient at the dental school via the UNC School of Dentistry.
SHAC students comply with HIPAA regulations and patient medical records are maintained according to accepted confidentiality standards. For questions related to the dental clinic, please contact email@example.com.