Due to a significant car fire in the Dogwood Deck across from UNC Hospitals on Manning Drive, traffic is being re-routed to accommodate hospital employees, visitors and patients. Thank you for your patience.
UNC Police and UNC Hospitals Police may adjust traffic patterns and parking assignments for hospital staff, visitors and patients as the situation evolves. Thank you for your patience. Check move.unc.edu for more information.
Nov. 15 Update 2
Dogwood Deck will resume normal operations at 6 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 16.
Nov. 15 Update 1
Jackson Deck (JD) Assigned Daily parking permit holders should purchase daily parking in JD in their assigned accounts and it will be honored in Craige Deck (CD).
Nov. 14 Update
The Dogwood Visitor Parking Deck on Manning Drive remains temporarily closed while repairs are made to the electrical system. It is anticipated that the full repair will take nine to twelve days to complete (Nov. 11 – 23).
Updated information will be provided if there are any changes to this timeline. Vehicles remaining in the deck may still exit but should use caution if outside of daylight hours.
- Patients and Visitors will park in the ACC (Ambulatory Care Center) lot and Jackson Deck (Cardinal Deck will be used if space is needed)
- Employees with Jackson Deck (JD) permits are directed to park in the Craige Deck (CD) allowing the Jackson Deck to accommodate patient/visitor parking access.
Nov. 10 Message
- The Dogwood Deck is currently closed and without electrical power. No cars can enter the Dogwood Deck, but patients/visitors are being allowed to access their automobiles and leave the deck.
- Valet operations are suspended and the valet lot will be used to accommodate patients and visitors with handicapped placards.
On Thursday, Nov. 10:
- Considerable time may pass before the Dogwood Deck is reopened, so UNC Hospitals’ teammates coming in for Thursday’s evening shift will be directed to park in the Craige Deck on Manning Drive or the Bell Tower Deck via South Road.
- Teammates with Cardinal Deck permits should continue to park in the Cardinal Deck as they normally would on both Thursday and Friday.
On Friday, Nov. 11:
- If the Dogwood is still closed on Friday morning, patients and visitors will be directed to park in the Jackson Deck and the ACC (Ambulatory Care Center) lot. Jackson Deck permit holders will be asked to park in the Craige Deck.
- Teammates with Cardinal Deck permits should continue to park in the Cardinal Deck as they normally would on Friday.