The UNC School of Medicine will host its annual virtual mock interviews for individualization phase students applying to residency.
As subject matter experts, faculty have the opportunity to help students prepare for their residency interviews. This event has received positive feedback from students in the past and organizers need faculty volunteers to make it successful again this year.
The mock interviews will be virtual and will be held from Sept. 6 – Oct. 27.
Event and sign-up details:
- Please sign-up for time slots using this link or copy and paste this address into your web browser: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E054CAAAE229-mock.
- Organizers ask that faculty members fill in their availability at the latest by Friday, Aug. 11.
- Volunteers are welcome to sign-up for as many time slots as they are willing and able to do to help accommodate as many students as possible.
- Interview blocks are each 2 hours (4 possible interviews). Each interview will run for 30 minutes: 20-minutes for the interview, 3-5 minutes of in-person feedback, and then 3-5 minutes to fill out the electronic evaluation form to submit after the interview.
- Faculty volunteers will be provided a detailed email before the interviews with the date and times of confirmed student interviewees and their specialty choice. This email will also contain interview resources, including suggested interview questions, to use as needed.
Thank you for supporting our students!
For additional questions, please contact Rebecca Matthews.