UNC School of Medicine Teammates
Valid Weekday Permit Holders
For Teammates arriving/leaving before 2 p.m.: Park as usual
For Teammates arriving after 2 p.m.: Plan to park in the Dogwood Deck. Be prepared to present your UNC SOM ID upon entering/exiting parking decks.
Department Parking Coordinators may request parking permits that will be honored in assigned employee lots for temporary or permanent employees reporting for work who do not have a weekday permit by using the Football Request Form.
Employee Game Day Parking is reserved for employees reporting directly to work and not attending the match.
The Manning-level Cancer Hospital Lot will be reserved for emergency physician parking.
UNC Hospitals Teammates
Teammates at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill – including those on-call – should plan for significant traffic delays, road closures and parking impacts on Wednesday, July 19, as Kenan Stadium hosts its first ever international soccer match.
The Chelsea/Wrexham match begins at 7:30 p.m., but traffic is expected to start filtering onto campus mid-afternoon. Detours will be set up across campus and law enforcement will help moderate highly trafficked intersections and pedestrian crossings.
We expect impacts of this game to mirror sold-out football games coupled with a fanbase who may not be as familiar with the area.
Please mark your calendars now and be prepared to adjust your commute schedule accordingly. Teammates who are scheduled to be on-call on Wednesday, July 19, are encouraged to consider remaining on campus during their shift.
Care teams should coordinate and plan for early discharges (around 2 p.m. on Wednesday, July 19) where possible.
- Utilize the Discharge Hospitality Center as part of your planning: 919-215-4707
- Prepare to adjust your commute schedule accordingly. Traffic impacts are expected to start early-to-mid afternoon.
- On-call teammates are encouraged to stay on-site for the duration of their shift.
Additional information will be added to this article as it becomes available from event leaders and local partners.
Please check back for updates closer to July 19.
- Detour information is forthcoming.
- Please be prepared to present your UNC Health ID at any roadblocks or parking areas when reporting to or leaving work on Wednesday, July 19.
- Most teammates should plan to park in their typically assigned parking zone.
- Bell Tower Deck Permit Holders
- For Teammates arriving after 2 p.m.: Plan to park in the Dogwood Deck.
- For Teammates arriving/leaving before 2 p.m.: Park as usual in Bell Tower Deck.
- Be prepared to present your UNC Health ID upon entering/exiting parking decks.
- The Manning-level Cancer Hospital Lot will be reserved for emergency physician parking.
- Find additional event parking information on the UNC-Chapel Hill Parking and Transportation site.
Chapel Hill Transit
- Stay tuned to the Town of Chapel Hill Transit site for updates that may be relevant to your line.
As of Thursday, July 6:
- We expect patients scheduled for late-day infusions at the N.C. Cancer Hospital should not have significant impacts to their travel.
- Impacts on parking at the ACC are not expected until after 5:30 p.m.
- We expect no impact to parking at Family Practice.