UNC-Chapel Hill has begun providing opportunities for community members to obtain a flu vaccination on campus.
School of Medicine teammates with UNC Health clinical affiliations are required to receive a flu shot. Those with clinical affiliations are all faculty and staff employed by UNC-Chapel Hill who provide direct patient care or who otherwise perform job duties in a patient-facing setting. The timeline for compliance with UNC Health’s policy is Oct. 2 – Nov. 1.
All School of Medicine teammates are eligible for a free flu shot.
- The University Employee Occupational Health Clinic (UEOHC) will offer flu vaccinations for SOM health care personnel who are part of the Immunization Review Program during walk-in hours from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays.
- UEOHC is located on the 2nd floor of the AHEC Building at 145 Medical Drive.
- Information on other university clinics offering flu vaccination can be found here: https://flu.unc.edu/.
- Vaccines administered to SOM teammates will be automatically uploaded to the tracking system.
- UNC Hospitals’ Employee/Occupational Health clinic will be offering limited opportunities for teammates to receive their flu shot.
- View the schedule here.
- Please note that individuals receiving their vaccination outside of UNC Health occupational health locations via a UNC Health clinic will need to upload their flu certification via the university’s reporting portal: Click here to access the University portal for School of Medicine employees to report vaccinations.
- If you receive a flu vaccination at your physician’s office, pharmacy or another location, you will need to upload your flu certification via the university’s reporting portal: https://ehs.cloudapps.unc.edu/ClinicRegistration/fluCertificationLogin
Religious and Medical Exemption Requests
School of Medicine teammates with clinical affiliations can request a religious or medical exemption online here.
- Medical exemptions approved last year have been re-approved and do not need to be re-submitted, unless you receive a message from your entity Emp/Occ health team asking for additional information; however new medical exemption requests must be submitted online.
- Religious exemptions are NOT carried over year by year. Religious exemptions will need to be submitted through the University online even if such exemption was granted in the previous
- Do not come to get a flu shot or come to work if you are sick.
- School of Medicine employees must complete the flu certification via the University’s portal.
- Neglecting to self-report will result in non-compliance with UNC Health, which could lead to suspension and/or termination.