The following positions are open on UNC School of Medicine Faculty Standing and Promotions Committees. These committees require a commitment of three years starting in July 2024. Faculty involvement in these committees helps to shape the direction and effectiveness of our institution. A comprehensive description of the UNC School of Medicine’s Committees is available in the Constitution and Bylaws, which are available online.
- Admissions Committee: Evaluates and selects individuals to be offered admission to the UNC School of Medicine
- Education Committee: Manages the medical school curriculum
- Student Progress Committee: Reviews academic and professional performance of medical students
- Committee to Review Promotions of Fixed Term Faculty: Reviews promotions of fixed term faculty
- Committee to Review Appointments and Promotions to Associate Professor: Reviews initial appointments and promotions to associate professor on the tenure track
- Committee to Review Appointments and Promotions to Full Professor: Reviews initial appointments and promotions to full professor with tenure
How to Nominate:
Nominations are being accepted until March 1. Complete this brief nomination form to nominate yourself or colleagues for a committee. When completing the form, include as much of the requested information as possible.