Research Offices, Protocols, and Funding Agencies
Below is a list of resources commonly used by SOM faculty members to write grant proposals, conduct research with multiple parties, and receive approval for a variety of protocols
Grants and Administration
The following offices collaborate with regard to many aspects of award administration.
- Ensures award compliance with relevant regulations
- Proposal review and submission
- Award negotiation and management
- Financial Reporting and Cash Management
- Cost analysis and research service center (recharge) rate development
- Time and effort reporting monitoring and oversight
- Oversight of regulatory compliance
- Training and development for research administration personnel
- Review, approval and submission of the SOM grant proposals to the NIH and non-profit organizations
- Provide information about the University, state and agency policies, regulations and procedures
- Reviews and submits JIT materials, NIH progress reports and NIH grant closeout technical reports
- Corresponds with the sponsoring agency representatives
- Approves cost share supported by the SOM Dean’s office for proposals seeking extramural sponsored funding.
The following offices are essential for agreements, protocol approval, and other administrative support.
The following offices and websites provide important policy information for UNC SOM faculty members.
Funding Agencies and Resources
- Extramural Opportunities with Limited Number of UNC Applicants Allowed
- Calendar of Extramural Awards [Limited and Non-Limited]
- Extramural Opportunity Information
- Historical Data on Awards to SOM Faculty