Administration & Leadership Fellowship
The University of North Carolina (UNC) at Chapel Hill Department of Emergency Medicine’s Administration & Leadership Fellowship focuses on developing Emergency Medicine trained physicians for leadership positions within emergency departments, academic centers, and healthcare organizations.
Gaining Administrative Experience
The Fellow will gain “on the ground” experience working alongside the Department of Emergency Medicine’s Operational Network and interfacing with the UNC Healthcare System. The Fellow will be exposed to all aspects of administrative, leadership, and operational challenges facing a large clinical and educational health care organization. Through committees, projects, training and mentorship related to QI and Patient Safety projects, clinical process improvement, finances and reimbursement, coding and billing, strategy and innovation, clinical research, student and faculty development, risk management, observation medicine, and scribe and mid-level provider management, the Fellow will develop a well-rounded portfolio. The Fellow will graduate with skills suitable for immediate Emergency Department leadership positions.
Education, Training, and Networks
- Executive MBA from the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
- ACEP Emergency Department Directors Academy (EDDA) I-IV
- Focused Mentorship and National Meeting Attendance
Clinical and Teaching Excellence
- Academic and Community Clinical Practice Expertise
- Junior Faculty Role and Development
- Resident and Medical Student Education
- Generous Medical/Dental/Vision Plan
- Matching 401K
- CME, Tuition, Travel Funds