The team provides a range of services, including:
- News releases, tip sheets, media advisories and social media
- Crisis communication and issues management
- Scripts and video production
- Help media to identify experts who can comment on the news of the day
- Media training
- Development of media strategies for major journal publications, medical meetings and clinical advances
- Media escorts (reporters must be escorted at all times while on site)
- General media inquiries including patient conditions
Working closely with the Carolina News Studio housed in the UNC Hussman School of Journalism and Media, the team can provide experts 24/7. The state-of-the-art facility allows for live and pre-recorded interviews.
Visit http://news.unchealthcare.org/ to see the latest news from UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine.