With two traumatic incidents in Chapel Hill in the last two and a half weeks, students and teammates may be looking for resources. Campus and community resources are available for you whenever you need them.
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- For students who may need mental health services outside of business hours, please call the 24/7 Counseling and Psychological Services line: 919-966-3658.
- Students also may contact the Dean of Students team or Counseling and Psychological Services with questions about services and resources.
- UNC-Chapel Hill Employee Assistance Program
- For ongoing support, you can schedule an appointment with a mental health care provider using Headway through your State Health Plan insurance. If you need help finding a provider, the Find a Doctor tool helps North Carolina residents locate an in-network provider.
- University guidance for returning to campus operations with care and compassion is available.
- Students and employees can access resources through the Taking Care of Our Own Program
- Some SOM and UNC health teammates may have children in area schools who also experienced freighting moments during school lockdowns. This UNC Health Talk article offers helpful tips and guidance from UNC Health’s Jim Bedford, MD, and Edward Pickens, MD.
- Heels Care Network
- UNC Health Well-Being Program
- Dial 988 to reach the United States suicide and crisis lifeline.
- Hope4NC Helpline, available 24/7: If you are experiencing a mental health crisis or just need someone to talk to, you can call the Hope4NC Helpline at 1-855-587-3463.