Application and Interview Process
What you need to know about applying and interviewing
How to Apply
- Complete the APPIC Application for Psychology Internship (AAPI)
- Include the following with your AAPI application:
- Cover letter
- Graduate transcripts
- Three letters of reference
- Address the following in your cover letter:
- Indicate the reasons that you are interested in this internship and the track or tracks for which you are applying
- At the end of the cover letter, for the purpose of scheduling interviews, list internship track preferences. You may choose one or two tracks for which you wish to be considered for interviews. Please rank order your preferences for interviews by putting your top choice first. Please use the following format:Internship Track Interview Preferences
Address Cover Letters To:
Crystal Schiller, Ph.D., Director of Psychology Training
2024 Interview Dates
- January 11
- January 12
- January 16
- January 17
Dr. Schiller may be reached for questions at:
What to Expect
Applicants may be invited for an interview after a review of application materials. We arrange interviews for the mutual benefit of both the applicant who seeks to meet with our faculty to receive information on the program and faculty who wish to learn more about the applicant’s interests, experiences and fit with the program. The following options are available:
- Virtual personal interviews will be scheduled by invitation on the dates listed above. During the day, scheduled from 8:30-5:30, faculty and interns in the applicant’s area of interest will be available to discuss the training program.
- Requests for interviews at times other than the designated January period may be honored under special circumstances. Although the Director of Training may be available at alternative times, contact with other faculty and current interns cannot be guaranteed.
Applicants are requested not to contact the training office regarding interviews prior to that date. We will make every effort to inform applicants of their status as early as possible.
This training program observes the guidelines regarding timing of internship offers and acceptances adopted by the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers and the Councils of the University Director of Clinical and Counseling Programs. This internship site agrees to abide by the APPIC policy that no person at this training facility will solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information from any intern applicant. See a copy of these guidelines on the www.appic.org website. In applying to this internship, applicants are also agreeing to adhere to these guidelines.