How to Apply
Urban Scholars must:
- Be first-year students at the UNC School of Medicine, in good academic standing
- Be able to participate in a six-week internship after your first year
- Be committed to selecting the campus for your third and fourth years
- Have a sincere commitment to return to North Carolina and practice in an urban area
- Be interested in a career in Primary Care
If you fit these requirements and are interested in applying to become an Urban Scholar, check out the Application Deadlines and Dates page or Contact Us for more information.
Application Deadline and Dates
- The application deadline is Jan 8th 2021.
- Interviews will be conducted February 1st-5th
- The six-week internship will be held June 14-July 24,2021.
Now accepting 2021 applications2021 Application
For additional information or Office of Rural Initiatives contact Meredith Bazemore firstname.lastname@example.org