Register a Device for Main Campus Network Access
- Know your device’s MAC address. For instructions on how to find your device’s MAC address please go to our other guide, How To Find Your MAC Address.
- Go to https://onyen.unc.edu
- Locate and click the blue oval labeled “DHCP Registration”, which is near the bottom of the page under “Other Services”.
- Click the “Continue” button at the bottom of the page.
- Choose “I accept…” and then click “Continue”.
- Enter your ONYEN username and password and click “Continue”.
- If you don’t have any previously registered devices, go to the next step. However, if you have already have a device or multiple devices registered under your ONYEN, they will listed on this page. To add a new device click the “add nth registration” button to register a new device (this will be the first of four buttons at the bottom of the page. The number on this button changes based on how many previously registered devices you have).
- Now, enter your phone number, a description of the device, as well as the MAC address of the device. Then click “Continue”.
- Confirm that all of the information is correct and click “Save”.
- If you are done registering your device(s), click “Done” (the fourth button near the bottom).
NOTE: After registration, it can take up to 30 minutes before a device can connect to the network on main campus and up to 4 hours for it to connect to the network in School of Medicine buildings.