The General Neurology Division at UNC Chapel Hill
The General Neurology Division at UNC Chapel Hill provides consultation services to patients at the request of primary care and specialist providers.
Consultation is provided by board-certified clinical neurologists, with additional subspecialty training. Patients are seen in the UNC Hospitals Neurology Outpatient Clinic is located at 194 Finley Golf Course Rd. in Chapel Hill, a facility readily accessible to persons with physical challenges.
The General Neurology Division also serves an important role in the education of residents and medical students.
We welcome initial consultation requests for the diagnosis and management of a large range of neurological problems. Given the high volume of consultation requests, we request the assistance of referring providers to provide continuous care.
To request a consult from the General Neurology service, please have your provider complete a Referral Form and fax it to the UNC Neurology Clinic at (919) 966-6501.
If a patient is new to UNC, please call the UNC Neurology Clinic to assist with registration. Patients are contacted directly to identify the best time for an appointment.
Please contact us with any questions or to request an appointment.
General Neurology Staff
Dr. Daniel A. Roque
Additional Subspecialty: Movement Disorders
Dr. Octavio De Marchena
Additional Subspecialty: Vascular Neurology
Contact Us for an Appointment
By phone: (919) 966-4401
By fax: (919) 966-6501
For Patients: What to Bring
- Any relevant films or records you may have related to your current problem: Please consider sending these to us PRIOR to your appointment to ensure that we have all materials necessary for your visit.
- Your insurance card and provider referral forms if required by insurance
- The current list current prescriptions and over-the-counter medications you take (you may bring your bottles with you if that is easier for you).
- Information about your medical and surgical history
- A list of questions that you have about your condition and/or symptoms
The General Neurology Division:
UNC Department of Neurology, CB #7025
Physicians Office Building
170 Manning Drive Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7025