UNC Stroke Center Services
The UNC Hospitals Comprehensive Stroke Center provides care to patients with stroke or cerebrovascular disorders.
- Acute stroke treatments by the acute stroke team, including IV tPA and endovascular therapies
- Inpatient care for acute and subacute strokes and TIAs
- Outpatient care at the UNC Stroke Clinic
- Medical and surgical care at the UNC Aneurysm Clinic
- Carotid clinics – endarterectomy and stenting
- Stroke risk screening
- Stroke treatment and prevention clinical trials
- Stroke database
- Stroke education and outreach
- Referrals for stroke rehabilitation therapies (PT, OT and ST)
- Stroke Center support groups
Physicians: To request a hospital-to-hospital transfer of an acute stroke patient, please call the UNC System Patient Logistics Center (SPLC) at (800) 806-1968. An on-call stroke attending is available 24/7 to discuss transfer requests. Information regarding all other services can be obtained by calling (984) 974-2266.