The UNC Stroke Center's Stroke Trials Unit is currently recruiting for several clinical trials and research studies. These include trials of acute stroke treatments as well as trials studying stroke prevention. Please call Anne Beckwith at (919) 843-8797 for more information.
The following are ongoing stroke clinical trials and studies:
ACUTE STROKE TREATMENT TRIALS (0-24h):
- POINT: Clopidogrel (Plavix®)and aspirin combination in TIA or minor ischemic stroke
- HI-DEF: High dose Deferoxamine Mesylate in intracerebral hemorrhage (on hold)
TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY:
- ALERT: Evaluation of Biomarkers of Traumatic Brain Injury
INVESTIGATOR-INITIATED STROKE RESEARCH STUDIES:
- Comparing clinical outcomes of ischemic stroke patients who undergo intervention with SOLITAIRE™ or standard evidence based management.
- Inflammation in intracerebral hemorrhage imaging study
Click on the links above to find out more information regarding specific studies including inclusion/exclusion criteria
This website is to help patients, physicians and students in finding more information regarding Stroke and Stroke Care. The data provided on this website is only for informational use and is not an alternative to medical examination nor is this site intended to provide medical advice. If you are in search of medical advice, we strongly suggest you contact your physician to develop a personalized care plan.