Enable the Events Calendar Plugin
We use the Events Calendar plugin to create events on a site. If ‘Events‘ isn’t an option in your Dashboard then you will need to activate some plugins before you can add events to your site. To activate the plugins…
- In your site’s dashboard, click on Plugins.
- Find and activate first The Events Calendar plugin and then The Events Calendar Pro plugin. If you have a lot of Events and wish to color code your events, you can also install The Events Calendar Category Colors plugin.
- Create an event
- Add an Events link to your site navigation (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/adding-a-calendar-link-to-your-site-menu/)
- You can link to your events or event categories using the WordPress Menu Builder.
- In your dashboard, select Appearance > Menus. On the left hand side you’ll see Events and Event Categories.
- To add a link to all events, click View All in the Events meta box. At the top of the list you’ll see an option for Events. Check the box and then click Add to Menu. That will make a link to whatever is your default event view.
- To add a link to a category of events, select the category from the Event Categories meta box and click the Add to Menu button.
- Embedding Events Calendar Pro shortcode on a page (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/knowledgebase-category/shortcodes/)